b20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rainy_2o6

i just got a ek and still dont noe wat motor to get and right now im thinkin of a b20 witha type r head witha type r tranny and is it ok i mean like is that cool tho

Last edited:
As long as you build the block to handle the higher piston speeds from running to 8k revs...

Read topics about building LS/VTEC engines. The B20 is just a B18 with 84mm cylinders.

very correct.

at least get replace the oil and water pumps with vtec ones for higher revs. Also put some arp rod bolts. Everything else leave it the same. you should be good.

great set up upgrade oil pump and water pump to type r (bolts on) also put apr head bolts and buy block guard (check KMS block guard i used them fits good) i built b20 with b16 head and gsr trans crazy torq

shouldnt i change the ecu wat do u guys think i should change it to and im thinkin changing the camshafts to toda vtec billet camshaft with the toda b-series cam gears so i can get more power out of it and getting the [FONT=arial, helvetica]Digital SCI+ Ignition so i can get [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] smooth rev limit and accurate timing and get a high compression piston but iono which one to get i need help
[/FONT]

A new ECU will be mandatory if you're going to run a VTEC motor. What you really need to do is decide exactly what you want for a motor build, and then buy a VTEC ECU and have it chipped and tuned to work with your specific engine setup.

Back