b20a2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gomes

he guys i need some help over what to do i`ve got a b20a2 prelude blok i want to swap the head for dohc vtec
i was thinking b16a1/2 and i want to resleeve it to a 84,5mm bore because it now has a 81mm bore and a 95 stroke what would i need more? i don`t want to turbo it because thats to expensive but still want maximum power

please help

Quoted post[/post]]
he guys i need some help over what to do i`ve got a b20a2 prelude blok i want to swap the head for dohc vtec
i was thinking b16a1/2 and i want to resleeve it to a 84,5mm bore because it now has a 81mm bore and a 95 stroke what would i need more? i don`t want to turbo it because thats to expensive but still want maximum power

please help
what car is it going into, I'm dont think those are standard B-series motors

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

please help
what car is it going into, I'm dont think those are standard B-series motors
its going in a civic coupe from 98

Quoted post[/post]]
Regardless of chassis. Your project will be possible if it was a B20 CRV block.
why won`t it work on the b20 from the prelude?

it wont work becuase the b20a2 is a piece of shit engine. they share very very little in common with most b series engines. as a matter of fact, you can probably pick up a b20b4/b20z2 for what you are going to spendin custom fab for this worthless hybrid.

B20A2 is like the transmissions from the 88 civic, different splines and wont work with anything but ones from 88's

A b20 from a CRV will work much better, just a mild build the bottom end build and pinning the block will be suggested because the sleeves are thinner on the B20 than a normal LS.
the prelude and accord B series dont seem to swap over to the civc / integra b series

yeah your fucked with the b20as....they just have funky mounts and bolts when compared to the rest of the b-series. check the wikipedia article on the b-series. i think bastard child is used to describe it.

yeah you guys were right yesterday i`ve bought a b16a2 head and it doesn`t fit.The guy who sold me this engine said that it would fit and said that he had compared the gaskets i`m going to try to get him to swap this blok for another one where the head does fit on

any suggestions? i would like to know where the head does fit on i`ve heard that this could fit another series than the b series

b20a / b21a from the preludes don't work for anything.

the b20b/b20z from the crv will work.

the block castings are practically identical. its the compression/heads/IM that have some differences.

Quoted post[/post]]
the block castings are practically identical. its the compression/heads/IM that have some differences.
heads are the same in most cases. however there is the p8r heads that are rare. otherwise... b20b's and z's came with the p75 head...

i spoke with the company that sold me the block and were going to swap it for a b20b or a b20z or its going to be a b18

if i would get the b20b/z and have a b16a2 head and b16a waterpomp i have to use the gsr timingbelt rigth?

and to witch size could i bore the block the block?

i`m going to run JE pistons and aftermarket rods

witch kind of axles sould i use ?
i couldn`t find in the parts list its goin in a civic coupe `98

and how far can i bore that blok without other sleeves?

i wouldnt bore the block at all....just use standard size, i think its already at 84mm (off the top of my head...if yall havent noticed, im out of the information loop lately....boookooos of work)

Back