b20a4, dead, now to fit the a7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

benjammin

Hi all, I have just bought an '88 prelude with the b20a4 engine in it. Unfortunately it has had the engine blown out on it and there are several parts missing. I have sourced a b20a7 engine for it but my concern is that the a7 is pgm-fi and not carb. anyone know what i'lll need to do to fit this beast? It should be turning up on a pallet later on so i'll see if the ecu is with it or not then. If not where am i likely to find one for it? I saw one advertised but they guy wanted about £600 for it. I only paid £250 for the engine so that seemed a bit of a plonker puller to me.
I'm a Honda virgin (apart from the ubiquitous C70) so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Alll the best,

'Jammin!

Well it turned up with no ecu and a butchered loom, which is nice! Looks solid but i'll do the head gasket to be certain it's all good. Soooo, any ideas where i can get the loom and ecu from or is it going to need one of the AEM custom jobbies? I'm really stuck here so if anyone knows these engines please help!! Or else i gotta sell the a7 and get another a4 :(

'Jammin!

ok. i wish i could help ya. i'm kinda in the same boat as u. i got a '89 Prelude with the b20a5 im just tryin to figure out what the differences are between the diff b20 series engines

Back