b20a5 into a 99 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcd99civic

I have some questions im swaping a b20a5 into a 99 civc yeah i know goin from obd2 to obd0 is not the best but i know it can be done... I'm new to this forum so don't hit me to hard but what all would i need wiring wise.

yeah man dont do it, i have a 95 hatch with a b20b and thats hard enough!!!

Can i ask what is your reasoning for that

It's a old prelude motor, a wiring headache, sensor headache, motor is weak in comparison to smaller motors that are so much easier to swap in a EK, motor mounts (don't think anyone makes any), ECU guessing game, axles, shift linkage, etc.

Biggest thing is most (if not all) states consider an older motor in a newer car to be illegal.

Way more negatives than anything else.

a b20 with a gsr trans is a bolt on affair, also more fowerful, and, and, and, well... the prelude b20.... is outdated... no real aftermarket support for it, in that case, you might as well just go with an h22...

i have an 89 prelude si doner car i was goin to swap wat i can from it to my car im getting the car for $300 so i cant pass it up ill let u know how it goes thanks for the concerns i hope it goes ok

Back