B20B almost done!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AzIaNRaCeR701

ok guys I'm pretty close to swapping my motor it just came from Hmotors and its just sitting in my garage I need to know if I can use the starter and alternator it came with? or if I should replace them? If so what do I switch to? is there a OBD-1 starter and alternator I should be using or should I be using an OBD-2 starter and alternator? or is all Starter and alternators the same? haha well if your reading this you can prolly tell I'm kinda confused haha well any help or a link towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks. oh yeah the car is a 92 Vx and the motor is a 96 B20b. thanks again

the starter will work... the alternator might not...

take the harness off of the alternator in the car and compare to the alternator of the engine

The alternator plugs are different, the starter is fine though. If you have the B20 harness, you can probably cut the alternator branch off and splice it onto the cars harness so you can use it.

cool thanks guys! what alternator would I wanna use? I'm using my stock VX harness.

Back