B20B/B18B engine weight.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

I should be doing a B20Bengine/B18Btranny swap on my 93 Lx soon, but I was just curious approximatly how much more weight would be gained in the front after swapping out the Dx motor&tranny. If anyone knows please post. The B20B should be approximatly the same weight as the B18B, so if anything you can also post the B18B engine with tranny compared to the D15B7. I know this has been answered on different sites before but I keep seeing people put probably about before they answer. This makes me think they are guessing.

The B20B/Z is actually the lightest out of all the B series engines- but not by much. The engineers at Honda put some serious thought into maintaining B series engine weight when they bumped up the displacement.

Most people online say that the B adds an extra 100 pounds in the nose compared to the stock D series setup. I honestly don't know how accurate that is, but I've seen some engine weight figures before (don't remember exactly now) and it seems accurate.

i would recommend gsr or si tranny the ls your car will feel kinda slow from gearing

im running b20b/gsr trans -pretty fast dump on 00 epb si's heh

It's an approximate 80-100 lb difference depending on a number of factors such whether or not it's dry weight, what comes with it, etc...these are of course based on random shipping figures, and are only an estimate, since no one that I know of has layed down wieghts for every block/head/tranny combo.

Originally posted by b204dr@Oct 12 2004, 12:15 PM
i would recommend gsr or si tranny the ls your car will feel kinda slow from gearing

im running b20b/gsr trans -pretty fast dump on 00 epb si's heh
[post=401643]Quoted post[/post]​

good advice. im going with the gsr tranny on my b18b

Back