B20B from CRV into 92-95 Civic SI SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicnos

Yo I am just researching stuff for civic's swap and I run into some questions about B20B swap.

As far as I think its the cheapest swap for Civic and with turbo it should be around 160-180HP.
But I still dont understand if the OBD2 is some much trouble for civics with OBD1 why no one in swap guide tell anything about it.
B20B is a OBD2 engine and civic's are obd1, what do ppl do to make it work with civic harness?
Thats pretty much it for now, thanks

common ppl I need some help about this!!!
What about OBD differences?
B20Z is OBD2
Civic is OBD1
How does it work, do I have to do all that rewiering stuff for OBD2 to work on OBD1?
Please tell me!!!

Umm, I think you can just use ur stock wire harness, and run a obd 1 integra ls ECU, but u have to change the Intake manifold to an LS because the b20 is too high to clear the hood, and the distibutor should be ok, if the plugs don't match up just splice it into ur harness. It's should be pretty easy.

With a turbo you'll push alot more that 160-hp, Let's say u were usin 8 psi, you'd have at least 200. Ls's are smaller displacement and w/ turbo get more than 200 if tuned right.

IMO just buy a b18b1, its cheaper, and only has 4 hp and 6 lbs tq less than the b20, if you really want that extra hp, bore the b18 out to 83-84 mm.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 7 2003, 12:37 PM
IMO just buy a b18b1, its cheaper, and only has 4 hp and 6 lbs tq less than the b20, if you really want that extra hp, bore the b18 out to 83-84 mm.

if you wanna bore it and run turbo tho, you need to get that thing sleeved first.

but good luck on the build, sorry i forgot about the distributor.

Back