B20b Idle Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Virus Design

I have a B20b Motor from a 97 CRV...when the car is at idle it revs up n down constuntly...from 700 - 1000 over and over...thought it might be the idle control valve but i changed that and still same problem....any suggestions?? :confused:

Theres the TPS...........kind of hard to see but I got it off another site.

You need:
voltmeter
screwdriver

Connect the meter to the green wire= ground
And to the fluctuating red wire
Loosen the screws and move it around untill you get a reading of 0.45 volts with the throttle closed.

BTW If the TPS is hel in place by rivets dont touch it, its factory tuned. If thats the case try the idle adjustment screw

Last edited:
Thanks alot, Appreciate it I'm going to clean out my IACV and see if maybe that could be an issue and then i will play around with the Tps.

the tps isnt gonna really cause it to fluctuate, nor will the ide adjustment screw. that will just give you a high OR low rpm idle. usually this problem is caused by the IACV. remove the iacv,from the intake manifold and coolant lines. remove the plate where the coolant lines go in (should be 3 screw if i remember right) there should be a screw type thing or jet or something inside, it sometimes backs out and causes this fluctuating idle. screw it back in if it is out and clean out the iacv and this should take care of your problem. if the problem persists, check and clean out the FITV

Last edited:
Alright today i adjusted the TPS and cleaned the IACV...still making that noise...could it be a vacuum leak?...one of the 4 screws holding the trottle body in place...the corner is cracked could that cause a leak?

the plot thickens....

spray some carb & choke cleaner around it where the gasket is and where its cracked and if the idle picks up then you know its sucking air from the gasket. same goes for vacuum lines. if you spray over a leak the idle will pick up

Back