b20b into my eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

what is evertthing i need 2 swap a b20b into my eg?i need to know everything even the little things!thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
what is evertthing i need 2 swap a b20b into my eg?i need to know everything even the little things!thanks

I'm sure it's been covered 3,534,234,233 times before, but I'm in the process of doing one and will gladly help you out.

What I've done is purchased a wrecked CR-V and took the engine+drivetrain+wiring harness from both cars out and swap them. If you want to use the AWD tranny (like I did) you will need a tranny custom fab'd mount. Otherwise you can go Hasport or Place Racing. Bottom line, make sure you have everything from the donor car and be prepared to do some electrical wiring...

The car drives great. This engine got so much torque I can start it in 3rd from a dead stop and drive it around town like an automatic. Passing in 4th or 5th is a no-brainer, no need to downshift for any reason.

great finaly found a b20b swap into EG post. I was wanting to do same. Right now i have b16 Sir II. installed but bottom end locked up due to driving in "fload". I want to just swap the B20b Long block right into existing drive train. For now.. I was woundering if there would be any thing else i would need to make this transition work? Any info would greatly be appreciated.. thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
[/b]

I'm sure it's been covered 3,534,234,233 times before, but I'm in the process of doing one and will gladly help you out.

What I've done is purchased a wrecked CR-V and took the engine+drivetrain+wiring harness from both cars out and swap them. If you want to use the AWD tranny (like I did) you will need a tranny custom fab'd mount. Otherwise you can go Hasport or Place Racing. Bottom line, make sure you have everything from the donor car and be prepared to do some electrical wiring...

The car drives great. This engine got so much torque I can start it in 3rd from a dead stop and drive it around town like an automatic. Passing in 4th or 5th is a no-brainer, no need to downshift for any reason.

are you saying that you have an AWD civic? :eek:

Back