1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20b obd2 to obd1 conversion? help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Mr JDM, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Mr JDM

Mr JDM New Member

hey hondaswap i have a b20b bottom end which is obd2 and my b16a head which is obd1 that is all going in an eg bubble. i know mostly everything i need for the cnversion of the block to obd1 but lmk if i am missing something???. all sensors (knock, oil pressure, and ??) i know this sounds stupid but what about the water pipe and pump? i do not want a CEL on after i am finished so can somebody with experience help me out that has done this swap before... help is appreciated thanks!!

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I think the sensors are the same on the bottom end. If you have a complete OBD1 B16 head/intake/TB/dizzy then all (that I know) you need is an OBD1 Alternator too. CRV B20....not sure but don't think it has a knock sensor. You need a VTEC engine harness like off a D16Z6 or the VX civic hatch harness (1.5 VTEC) or a 94-95 DOHC VTEC Del Sol or a 93-95 GSR VTEC harness. Cheapest and most plentiful is the D16Z6 (only needs 3-4 mod's to work) And you will need a chipped ECU for your Frankenstein set up...and a sweet tune.

Keeping bottom end stock??

3. Mr JDM

Mr JDM New Member

i have the alternator and all that fun stuff and the bottom end is far from stock lol and i already have the engine harness... i need to know technical stuff like what sensors i need. i do not want any CEL's

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

You should not have to worry about any sensor on the bottom end of the motor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted