B20b SWAP HELLLLPPP!!!!!!!! please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

byron646

hey guys ok i need some help im stuck and i dont knwo what to do, ok well i have a b20b that i am going to drop in my 94 civic dx , and i need to know what wire harness and ecu to get, i was thinking of getting a gsr wire harness with a gsr ecu, since i will be doing a v tec head swap later on, but for now only straight b20. please help me out i also was going to get a odb1 to odb 2 harness adapter, please help me out with any helpful info that you guys know, people that have done this before help. let me know if uring the odb2 harness and ecu and engine with all work together. thanxs

i would run that motor with a obd1 p75 which is a ls ecu and bump your fuel pressure 2-4psi thats how im runing mine but it is runing obd0 you do not want to go with obd2 it will cause lots of problems

i havent heard n e one running it on odb0, i need more feed bac, what will be the big problem with running odb2? if i already have all harness and ecu and harness adapter

your car is obd1 and you should keep it that way less wiring and there are lots of thing that are on obd2 that you dont need like secondary o2 sensor and others im saying im runing mine obd0 you should go with obd1

hey man, so what harness and computer shuld i get then, can i run it with stock harness and stock ecu or what??? Hit me up on AIM at bac7213

Stock harness and ls ecu is you answer.

If you are in fact going vtec later on, you can buy and put in the ex motor sub harness in during the swap to make life easyier down the road.

Originally posted by noobvang@Jul 11 2005, 07:46 PM
Stock harness and ls ecu is you answer.

If you are in fact going vtec later on, you can buy and put in the ex motor sub harness in during the swap to make life easyier down the road.
[post=524365]Quoted post[/post]​

thats true. the ex sub harness is your best bet. but i fyou are planning on adding a vtec head you may as well wait until you fully rebuilt the engine or you will be posting another thread that says "b20vtec arent reliable"

the ecu you need is the ls, although you are going to run really fucking rich. the ls ecu is tuned for 9.2:1 compression where as the b20b only has 8.8:1 enjoy bad gas mileage unless you opt for something like an SAFC...

imo, you hsould wait on the vtec conversion. leave the motor on a stand, dopr pistons, rods, rebuild the engine with some good aftermarket rods/pistons, new bearings gaskets etc... if you dont, spun bearings and smashed valves is all youre going to see...

good luck.

I have a 1992 VX Hatchback with a B20B, GSR tranny, and Phantom Grip. I am useing the P75 ECU and the stock wire harness. I just had to rewire my O2 sensor and that was it. I have only been to 1/8 mile tracks and the best time I have had was a 9.24

As far as the reliability issue, i don't agree with. As long as you use a GSR oil pan, windage tray, and oil pick-up along with a crank girdle you will be OK! I know this b/c i have a friend with a CRVTEC in his Teg, and it runs great, even with him beating on it constantly, and i have an LSVTEC in my eg hatch with everything listed above, and it runs great, even at 8200-8300 RPM's and have had no problems with it, even being 80k miles or so after i built it! And, if you do want to go CRVTEC, i have a 94 del Sol VTEC head for sale if you decide to! Even has aftermarket intake manifold with it! But if you still need a wiring harness from an OBD1 LS, i have it to, along with a PR4 LS ECU! Just let me know if you do. GL

Back