1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20b swap into 89 DX, Skunk2 coolant pipe question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 89hondahatch, Jan 12, 2006.

1. 89hondahatch

89hondahatch Junior Member

I bought a Skunk2 intake to fit my 97 B20b that was recently installed in my 89 Hatchback.
    It fits perfectly, and I am pleased with it, but I have a question for anyone already running
    one on an LS 1.8 or B20b/z engine....If the car is up on a lift, and you are standing under
    the engine looking towards the front of the car....you look up under the Skunk2 intake runners on
    the right side (passenger side) and there is a pipe/nipple/coolant port sticking out of (made
    in to) the Skunk2 mounting flange..it is made to accept the small coolant hose. I originally capped
    it off thinking it was a vaccum, but now it is spraying a mist of anti-freeze. All of my small coolant
    lines (IACV and FITV) are already hooked up properly. All radiator and heater hoses are hooked
    up properly...Now I have this "extra outlet"......what is everybody else attaching to this particular
    Skunk2 port ? Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem.....

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

mine goes to the fast idle valve, you may not have one. just cap it off if everything else is hooked up .

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted