b20b swapped ef hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spiritofjosh

know your role!
I might be trading my d15b vtec eg for a 91 si with b20b swap but I'm not really knowledgeable about this motor. I tried looking for anything on it in this particular car but can't really find answers so if you know of a thread and can link me that would be great.

But I wanna know the pro's and cons of this swap in the ef, and whats the average gas mileage? I tried looking that up and found a few different answers. Sorry I just never really looked into this motor at all so I pretty much only know that its non-vtec and good for boost apparently.

they are good solid motors they don't get to bad of gas mileage my b18 gets around 200 in my ef hatch takes around 20-25 to fill with city and hwy and i get on it fun car to drive :driver: so the b20 would get around that, and b20's are beast for boost or to do ls/vtec

Last edited:
yeah thats what i heard but I really only ever looked at vtec b-series like gsrs or b18b for swaps in my eg. but thanks for the info.

they are torquey although not as much as the later gen b20z's. it's a solid engine though and will be a pretty quick car.

torque does wonders for light weight cars. ill put it like this... i have a ls swapped ek and it i was neck and neck with my buddies 2001 gsr with bolt ons when we raced. i love the b-series non vtec motors. they have soo much potential and are pretty decent on gas. i dont know the exact mpg's for my car but i travel 80 miles a day and dont visit the gas station that much.

Back