B20B swapped in... now what spark plug wires for replacement?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99y8

Hi All

Its about time for me to change my sparkplug wires... i have a B20B with 9.2 compression from a 97(?) SMX wagon in my ek... does it matter which plug wires i get? or will any B-series wire do? I looked on the NGK website and noticed there are some variations in the part numbers... the engine is not the 8.6 compression USDM CR-V engine, nor is it the 9.6 hi-comp B20Z engine...
any clarification or suggestions would be great!

thanks!

Yes, B20 or B18 plug wires. Pretty much any plug wires for the non vtec B series. They are all the same.

A low comp engine requires the least amount of spark, any budget wire set at the parts store will do. As long as you do not intend to modify in the future. If you go for a B16a cylinder head, slightly higher cfm injectors, type R intake and exhaust... you will need to increase your spark requirement.

Also, get yourself a Multi-meter and learn how to use it. A spark plug wire is rated by a ohms, learn what the different ohms ratings are for the different sparkplug wire diameters. Do some research and find out what makes up the spark and how it travels. You want a clean burn, not too dry and not too wet...the air/fuel mixture also lubricates the compression ring on the piston. Take out your spark plugs and wipe them on the palm of your hand, if it is slightly damp...it is perfect!!!

Back