1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20b Turbo

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by MACspeed, Feb 25, 2003.

1. MACspeed

MACspeed Junior Member

Alright, I've decided to finally build a monstrous turbo civic. I'm about to pick up an 89 CR-X and I want to drop a B20 turbo into it. Don't need details about suspension or any of that crap. This is my first turbo engint that i have built and im not fully knowledgable about them. This is my plan so far:

-b20 block, darton sleeves, micropolished crank, forged rods and pistons (8.5:1 compression), dry sump oil system
    -b20 head, port\polish, Type-R intake manifold port\polish, titanim retainers\valves, GS-R springs, oversize throttle body

Things I need to know:
    -Is this a good plan to start with?
    - What size turbo (intercooled of course) can i run to use all of that low compression without taking forever to spool up? Would a supercharger work better?
    -What type of cams should I use (brand?), Who makes a good computer for turbo b-series engines? I dont really want to go hondata, im not really a great tuner yet
    -Who makes a good downpipe for this application? waste-gate and blowoff valve? exhaust system (i figure 3-in)?
    -Who makes a good dry sump oil system for the b-series (moroso?)

:worthy: BOOST!

2. Canuck 93 Civic Si

Canuck 93 Civic Si Senior Member

Why use the B20 head? Get something that flows better and supports VTEC. Check out B20VTEC.com theres a good turbo project happening there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted