B20B ~VS~ B18B

b20b or b18b

• b18b ( integra l

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know neither of these engines are the best racing pick, but my story is this:
I have a hatch. I love my hatch. My hatch is slow. I have a fiancee and a kid. I love my fiancee and kid. My fiancee does NOT love when i go fast (or try to in my dx) so therefore I'm not looking for a race car. I just want something with a little more streetable power... So getting to work and back isnt so damn boring. (i go up a big ass hill to go to work : anyone from san diego area familiar with the 52 west )

So... A swap that would be very good running, very smooth, and have some more torque preferrably to putt me around is what i want.

Main issues with swap is best availability, easiest swap, and most of all PRICE. I have too many bills as it is... i want to make this al low cost as possible. :D

Thanks! And any comments would be greatly appreciated... ;)

why does everyone call the b20b an older motor? its from the usdm crx.. the b20z is the jdm version

i vote b20b, more cubes.

i vote for the B20 ... but the B18 will most likely cost a little less

I voted b20b as long as you resleeve that bitch! I love the ls for turbo but if youve got the money to resleeve it and drop in pistions/rods youll have a damn turbo beast!

if he is keeping the motor stock as in the longblock then the B20 will run forever just like most honda motors.

I would go with the B20z since it has higher compression than the 20b.

ls.

cheaper, no dealing with finding a tranny bullshit, there are 10000's of 96-98 base model tegs to score one from for plug an play operation... and the b20 isn't really much more powerful anyway...

Thanks for your opinions guys.... one more question to add...

Anyone one know a good place to buy a usdm motor from here in socal (san diego area..)

And does anyone know approximately the prices on both of these motors?

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Dec 26 2003, 10:25 PM
why does everyone call the b20b an older motor? its from the usdm crx.. the b20z is the jdm version

i vote b20b, more cubes.

because CRV's only started coming out with B20z's in the 2000-2001 models.

JDM = B20B
USDM = B20B4, B20Z2, and the B20somethingsomething, out of the old preludes

the B20z2 is a USDM motor only and was never offered in Japan. It also has a higher C/R than the B20b or B20b2.

Go with a B20b or if you're willing to spend a couple hundred more get the B20z. my bro has a b20z swap and his car gets up pretty quick. with a good launch/track conditions I'd say he could hit a high 13 easy on street tires.

Back