1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B20B Vtec. Help badly needed.

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Belial987, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Belial987

Belial987 New Member

I just swapped the engine in recently and wired everything properly( I assume). I wired my factory d15b7 wiring harness to use an obd2 distributor and alternator. The trouble is it idles insanely high 4500-5000 rpms. I used a b18b1 throttle body and I removed the coolant thing underneath the throttle body. I replaced the iac with a known good one and the problem still exists. I also have a chipped p28 ecu I bought on ebay, I'm not sure if that could also be an issue. If anyone has any ideas what so ever I am clueless at this point and plead for a response to help me in the right direction. Thanks

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

I'll ask a stupid question. How tight is your throttle cable? What happens when you loosen it all the way.

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

sounds like a vac leak or as stated above throttle cable adjusted tight ?

4. ItegraTuner

ItegraTuner New Member

Did you adjust your throttle body idle screw

5. DanTheHondaMan

DanTheHondaMan Active Member

I learned the hard way that anytime you have that issue its either a vacuum leak or the iacv has gone bad.

I also had put one at that worked fine before and bolted it on a new intake manifold and the thing just stopped working properly out of nowhere.

I would check all your vacuum hoses and if its still doing it then change out the iacv

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted