B20B Vtec. Help badly needed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Belial987

I just swapped the engine in recently and wired everything properly( I assume). I wired my factory d15b7 wiring harness to use an obd2 distributor and alternator. The trouble is it idles insanely high 4500-5000 rpms. I used a b18b1 throttle body and I removed the coolant thing underneath the throttle body. I replaced the iac with a known good one and the problem still exists. I also have a chipped p28 ecu I bought on ebay, I'm not sure if that could also be an issue. If anyone has any ideas what so ever I am clueless at this point and plead for a response to help me in the right direction. Thanks

I'll ask a stupid question. How tight is your throttle cable? What happens when you loosen it all the way.

I learned the hard way that anytime you have that issue its either a vacuum leak or the iacv has gone bad.

I also had put one at that worked fine before and bolted it on a new intake manifold and the thing just stopped working properly out of nowhere.

I would check all your vacuum hoses and if its still doing it then change out the iacv

Back