B20B vtec WONT START

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

desii

okay great story here. i JUST picked up my car today from this engine swap today. (about an HR and half way, its relievent to the story)

i just got a b20b vtec swap. the bottom end is supposed to be built, jdm b16 head with b16 tranny. chipped p28 ecu.

i drove the car 55 miles home and it was fine. was pulling strong and everything..

cars on my driveway and i was reving the car to about 7 or 8k then bam my check engine light comes on, and i see white smoke coming from my engine bay and now my car wont start...

i called the place they said to take out my battery cable and then hook it back up, no go. now theyre telling me to find out what code is being thrown..

does anyone have any suggestions what happened? now the car cranks but doesnt TURN OVER.. i hear it. and when im holding the key for a few second then the check engine light comes on agian. im pretty annoyed with my car...

You said the engine was built right? A B16 head, tranny and a chipped ECU doesn't really relate to it being built internally. And mind if I ask, why were you revving it to 7-8K?
I'm not too sure on what happened cause i'm first hand with B20's. But yeah, keep us posted, hope all goes well.

i reved it that high just to see if theres any wierd noises or anything was knocking it was a stupid ass idea i know...

the said that i had better rods and pistons

im glad for the warrenty but the fact that i need to get the car towed 59 miles isnt very suthing. i feel like an idiot

"They said" *sighs* dont worry buddy, all should be ready and running sweet soon enough.

Mistakes happen, how longs the wait?

White smoke from the engine bay, than shut down... That is not a good sign. Did you look at the engine afterwards? Any oil leaking onto the ground? Any holes in the block? Check your oil also, see if its mixing with coolant. It will look kind of like milkshake. Keep us posted.

Ya man. White smoke from the engine bay doesn't sound good.

Back