B20B w/ B16 into a 6th Gen Civic HX Header Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I am doing a B16 head with a B20 block into a 1997 civic 2 dr coupe hx. The questions is the larger block now make the height of the whole engine longer. There is hardly any clearance to the hood. The question is what header do I run to make it long enough so it will fit the head and bolt on to the exhaust. I tried a GSR header and the height seems long enough but the bracket at the end of the piping (that attaches to the car and exhaust) hits the oil pan. The next question is since it was an HX and like the dx and lx they have that goofy catalitic welded on the header business. I was running a greddy evo cat-back system and it was a direct bolt to my stock hx header and cat. How can i utilize my greddy exhaust and a catalitic converter and get performance headers. I know Greddy makes different exhausts for different engines and cars, but i do not want to get a new one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thansk in advance.

not shure about the header..how much of the flange hits the oil pan?
as for the cat issue if you must run a cat get a high flow and a non-national muffler shop can put it all together for you w/the size pipe you want

if nothing else its another bump ;)

Back