b20b w gsr tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicek9

was wondering if its worth getting a act streetlite 12lb lightweight flywheel for a stock b20 with gsr tranny?? i really don't know much about lightweight flywheels so any input would be great...thanks..

Lighter flywheel will allow the engine to rev up faster and rev down faster as well, both engaged and disengaged in gear.

while it won't give you any horsepower, it won't eat as much to turn the roatating mass to get momentum.

On down shifts, using the engine braking, it will wind down fast as well.

it can make driving 'jumpy' as clutch-in's cause the revs to fall much quicker than you will be used to.

If you're planning to build over time, i say go for it.

If you're going to stay mostly stock, i/h/e, it's not a great streatable set up and could get annoying in time.

yea i plan on building if over time...i'm only asking cause i'm in the process of doing my clutch so yea.thanks for the advice..another question is there any other advantages or disadvantages???

B pretty much sums it up.. As far as my experience goes, the engine seems to rev a little quicker, rev matching is much improved, and yea, it can get a little notchy in stop and go traffic and stop sign to stop sign driving... I like it.. Ive had a light weight flywheel in my last three builds...

Back