B20b w vtec setup... What do you think!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

Here is the setup what do you guys all think. What should I do next. What problems will i encounter? Any suggestions advice?

B20b block with JE 12:1 Compression pistons
B16 head with dual valve
Decked head with arp heas studs

Everything else is stock.

Will 92 octane gas be ok?
Safe rev limit.

Khai

Also I was thinking arias (11:1) pistons how are the valve relief clearances for these compared to the JE pistons?

Thanks
KHai

Your CR will probably be higher than 12.1:1 since you are using a Vtec head and you said you are decking or milling the head.

Are the pistons you ordered for CRV head with that CR or CRVtec???
You also do not have a knock sensor, so how are you going to keep from detonating?

Halfway decent tuning is all it takes to run 12:1 on 92 octane. I ran 12.6:1 on 92 octane, and I was tuned with just a VAFC.

Well I got my car back today. Everything is fixed, yeah!!!!! I can rev up to redline (8k). Vtec is pretty weak feeling. I can really only feel the secondaries kick in. I am running 12:1 je pistons and running on 92 octane but with retarded timing of 14 degrees. I have obd2 and i need some kind of fuel management. Any suggestions? I also need a b16 throttle body. Anybody? I have a gsr one for trade.

Thanks
Khai

Back