B20B/Z tech Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

I'm just curious on approxamatly how much boost, or nitros a stock B20B/Z can take, because I know they have thin cylinder sleeves. Would a block girdle help out this weakness. Also if I put a vtec head on it, would a block girdle let me rev high more safely. (let's say 7500rpm, or maybey 8200rpm)

How much? Dunno- depends on engine condition and tuning. 250whp is a safe bet though.

Girdle- that's more for wall and crank stability than wall strength.

VTEC head, yes a girdle will help you rev higher more safely.

Originally posted by CRAZYEG9@Sep 12 2004, 04:05 AM
I'm just curious on approxamatly how much boost, or nitros a stock B20B/Z can take, because I know they have thin cylinder sleeves. Would a block girdle help out this weakness. Also if I put a vtec head on it, would a block girdle let me rev high more safely. (let's say 7500rpm, or maybey 8200rpm)
[post=389239]Quoted post[/post]​

a Friend of mine have B20b @ 8psi stock internal , daily driver, never cracked or melted anything on it for the past 2 years.
I know some more that cracked a sleeve on 6 psi so if i was you i sleeve it.

block girdle don't help this weakness because his main function is to secure the crankshaft caps. In the other end it would help to rev higher.

dont ever expect to much on a stock motor .. specially some thing not meant to rev high.. i have the b20..going vtec this winter..im only going to boost 6 lbs.. and i know im going to need all the help that i can get lol

Back