B20B4 p3f piston rings...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shiftreader

hello all, great site you've collaborated to make!

i have a B20B4 from a 97 crv. bought the motor knowing full well what it was, and knowing that, for the sake of getting it between the strut towers, i was going to do a simple rebuild.
i know that there are engine performance parts manufacturers selling plenty of piston/rod/crank etc.. upgrade options for this block. i have decided not to go that route with this engine. i just want to set it in the car, in its freshened, stock state, and go from there.
that being said, i have done some research to find the honda part number for the piston ring set.
(the # is 13011p3f003 )
my question is this: where. other than the dealer, can i find a set of replacement piston rings for my standard bore b20?
( i do this type of work for a living, so i have a pretty nice lineup of vendors and such already at my disposal for this kind of thing, its just that none of my sources show this item in their catalog as being available.)
i have tried local machine shops that have some connections, and have come up with some rather generic-sounding brands of rings.
i want something decent. and i dont want to pay honda's price of 42.00 a set (a set is ONE set for ONE piston...so fourty bucks times four!)
if there is anybody that has had experience rebuilding this motor in its stock form, please respond in kind. thanks very much.
[you would think if i could get rings from a vendor for the b18b, 81mm bore at 30.00 a full set, i could get close to the same, from the same OEM manufacturer, like NPR (nippon piston rings) for a comparable price...go figure. just our luck for trying to shove a motor made to haul around 4,000 pounds of SUVm into a 2,000 pound unibidy hatch, and reap the benefits of inherant torgue in usable gobs...

:)

thanks again,
-mitch:cool:

cant find the "guit-guit"

i tried fudging up the letters and spaces and such too.
sorry, i just cannot locate this seller.
anything I'm possibly missing....?
thanks
-mitch

ive bought stuff from them... not 1 problem

i got je rings from nopi, or summet racing. try and search for a 97 crv. they were like 95 bucks for theentire set

Back