b20block b16head VS b18c5 type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what ?, by tuned i ment like internal work, plus a computer tune obviously, like full high compression components , it might cost alot , like 15k, but its been done

there is no way its making power up that high.. so i'm calling bullshit...

Im so newbish at the moment and to see what your saying....HAHHAHAHA...:D...i just cant say anymore...:eek:*BOING*:eek:

^_^ I want whatever your taking ^_^

Of course spoon rev's that high, OF HAVING EVERY bits and pieces of work that would make it rev to 11k

no I heard it from someone on here, lol , so what maby i heard wrong, if you guys are all not agreeing with me then there's a good chance im wrong :(

hey im not trying to start an argument, its just my taste, and a fully tuned teg type R , will rev out to 14 500

You have this thing for revving high. There's no way in hell a b20vtec set up could rev that high so get the type R. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!? 14,500rpms. HAHAHAHAHA. Maybe 9,500.

I can only imagine what would happen if this was on honda-tech. I used to use that and everyone there is mean as hell. If they heard a type R revved to 14,500 they would probably put a hit on you. I'm not making fun of you or anything but try to be realistic if you really want one of these motors. If you dont then you're wasting a bunch of time. I don't think people have a problem telling you what motor to get but when you just imagining things, it gets a little weird man. I honestly dont think I've ever heard of this 14,500 thing man. Do some research. find out what you want and build it. Honestly I'd go with the b20vtec. More tourque. Can be cheaper if you know the right people. But pleeeaaasssee...research each motor. I think you'll find that if it's a high rev you want then 9k will do for you. Good luck.

we put a chipped ECU in an EF hatch with a LS swap, bone stock motor and shift it a 8k all day. Hell no it aint safe nor smart but it sure is fun.

hey im not trying to start an argument, its just my taste, and a fully tuned teg type R , will rev out to 14 500

This whole thread emphasizes the importance that when stating something be sure you're able to back it up, especially something like this. However, I still think you sound like 10 lbs of shit in a 2 lb bag.

" Tell me about it! And when VTEC hits it's like nothing i've ever felt! I just love the sound change! When I first got mine in my sol, I ran open headers until the muffler shop opened on monday, when the headers dumped right under your feet it sounded like a fricking race car when VTEC hits. It was like, BaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! I used to scare the cars next to me when their windows were down! LOL! There's plenty of tourque for a 1.8 litre engine, i would lose traction when VTEC engaged in first gear if i rolled on it. I have 18x7.5 rims and they're not very light. I was floored with amazement. If you think it's powerful now, wait until you boost it. I wanted to do an N/A build on mine, but you can only get certain parts, Spoon, JUN, Mugen, Toda, and they're all really expensive for not a very high HP gain. N/A you can't really get over 250WHP and it'll cost you like 20 thousand to get there!!! It wouldn't be worth it if it isn't for the 14,000RPM redline you get from all those expensive parts! How much power are you planning on gaining out of this motor? "
ok i copied and pasted this

So tell everyone what idiot posted that so everyone can flame him too.:p Don't believe everything you read, especially in a post in a forum. They are often filled with incorrect info. Generally if you see many people say the same thing, it's very likely could be true. But not always. Do some research.

arnt those rotary engines shit though, what does an rx7 rev out to ?

im not sure what they blow up at but ive seen them rev up to 12000 with my own eyes im a honda man so I dont know alot about them but I know they rev high and make an awsome backfire if your into that kinda thing yes they are rotory engines

Back