b20vtec crx check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f20cmx5

Hi I have a b20vtec crx with an obd1 gsr cylinder head. It runs strong (and rich) with no problems. Vtec hits hard and pulls through 8500 rpm. However after the engine warms up, the check engine light comes on and stays on until the car is turned off. The chassis harness is stock, uncut and out of a 1990 crx si. The engine harness was not wired by myself, but heres what I know about it: It has a chipped p28 ecu with jumpers running from the stock ecu harness to the current ecu ports with the only extra wires running to it being the two for vtec, there are no knock sensor wires, or o2 sensor wires, it has a type r replica intake so a couple of the extra IAB wires required for the gsr are left hanging, it also has an msd ignition system. Does anybody have any idea why the check engine light is on? Thanks

Probably gonna have to supply a code, have you checked the codes or had them checked? if so what CEL (check engine Light) code are you getting.

Back