B20vtec Swap into 2000 EX HELP!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just got done swapping a b20vtec into my 2000 civic ex. got a 96 b20b block, 90 b16a head and a S1 cable tranny. everything thing is connected running obd2 setup including stock 2000 civic ex injectors with stock 2000 civic ex engine harness with a 99 p2t si ecu. fuel pressure guage reads 42psi idling at 1300rpms it does not want to go below 1300rpms if you mess with the idle screw the ecu shuts the engine off. got 2 error codes reading misfires. timing is set all the sensors are connected in the right places, all the vacuum lines are connected, no vacuum leaks at all. it back fires like a mother, sounds like a bomb. it also back fires out the intake sometimes. also using brand new spark plugs and brand new NGK spark plug wires with a brand new distributor, had to make a harness for the distributor since the plug on the distributor was fatter then the plug on the 2000 civic ex engine harness. some times the engine gets flooded with fuel and it takes a while to start up, and at those times it back fires alot out the exhaust and sometimes out the intake. been working to resolve this problem for about a week know and no luck. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OR GUIDE ME OR GIVE ME SOME ADVICE? Thank You :worthy:

what distributor are you running?
VSS?

you cannot use the obd0 parts for these things. you must use obd1/2 parts to match the obd2 ecu.

obd0 send out different pulses.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 1 2005, 04:54 PM
what distributor are you running?
VSS?

you cannot use the obd0 parts for these things. you must use obd1/2 parts to match the obd2 ecu.

obd0 send out different pulses.
[post=467752]Quoted post[/post]​

i traded a guy on ebay for my obd1 dizzy(which had 2 plugs) for his obd2 dizzy(which has 1 plug). the obd2 dizzy looks brand new with a new cap. now the obd2 dizzy male plug was a little fatter and therefore wouldnt plug into my stock engine harness which has a skinnier female plug for the dizzy. so i made a little harness to connected the new obd2 dizzy into the stock engine harness. basically wut i did was went to a junk yard and got a dizzy plug for a 96-98 engine harness, and cut the plug off my d16y8 dizzy so i can plug one end into the obd2 dizzy and plug the other end into the stock engine harness.

the car doesnt sputter or anything it runs strong once you get it running and only idles like it said at 1300rpm if u bring it below that the ecu shuts the engine down.

vss? u mean the vehicle speed sensor? im using the one that came on the S1 tranny, should i use an obd2 VSS? can i use my d16y8 VSS?

ok, thats fine. you got an obd2a dizzy and needed the obd2b plug to connect to yoru harness.

what codes are you throwing?

Originally posted by jdm00civicex@Mar 1 2005, 05:03 PM
vss? u mean the vehicle speed sensor? im using the one that came on the S1 tranny, should i use an obd2 VSS? can i use my d16y8 VSS?
[post=467765]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, v.speed
1 or 2. the cable tranny (obd0) will NOT work right with an obd1/2 ecu.
the y8 one won't fit into the tranny... you need one from a 99-00 civic si fro easiest results

this engine came out of a 95 Civic Ex. So should the VSS work since its an obd1 or do i need to get an obd2b vss out of a 99-00 si?

who knows whats on it.

obd1/2 will work. obd0 will not.

so would anybody happen to know wut could be causing the back firing out of the intake and exhaust, and how i can get it running under 1300rpms, also the distributor plug does not match the stock ex harness. can someone please help me???

Back