B20Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedsi

I need some help on building this motor. I want to go b20vtec. using a b16 head. I want it to be an all motor setup. I want to hit the 12's with this setup. Now i need help here guys. Can u tell me what to buy. like what compression pistons. do i need to bore out the block, head, whatever , and how much if so . I need info on everything i need to build this motor to hit the 12's. thanks

Uh, you can do just about anything. There's not one set type of build methodology that you'll want to follow...

You might help the members out by telling what kind of car this is going to go into, what your budget looks like, and what kind of racing you intend to do besides drag (if any).

going 12s all motor will not be cheap. hell, going 12s any method is not cheap. if you dont have 5-7 grand hanging around, you aren't going to hit this goal

I have a question about the CRVtec. I was told that this engine/head combination is unreliable. Is that true. Can someone who's actually done the swap help me out. Thanx for your time.

Don't buy into it. It can be reliable, it all depends on how you build the engine. We have a psot in the FAQ and an article in the articles section on the LSVTEC/B20VTEC builds.

Just use the correct omponents, along with quality aftermarket products that hold up under 10k rpms, proven parts, light car and your one your way. You can run 12's all motor on a stock R longblock if you wanted to but I don't think you want see what your ride would look like if it weighed 1700lbs.

Milan

Back