b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KWJaY

I saw this integ for sale that had a b20 block and the original GSR head. It was way cheap due to the fact that it was salvaged title cuz somone stole the cluster, hood, seats cd player and ecu wich i would have to replace but i can get most of the stuff for under 1k and it would be drivable. ANYWAYS, my question is how hard is it going to be to get this thing registered, i think it would pass visual inspection and emissions and i doubt the smog guy would be looking at the block unless he was a honda nut. btw i live in california. thx for any help.

They smog guy is most definetly going to look at the block. Especialy here in Cali... That sounds like it should smog, as long as the block is newer than the car and it was done correctly (all smog equipment hooked up)

I would stay away from someone else's headaches though.... You are probably better off buying a stock LS and bolting on a VTEC head yourself. More than likely you will just have prolems with the motor/wiring anyway and end up spending much more than you hoped. How much does he want for it?

4000 obo,the artical said he wanted to sell it quick and its been up for at least a month now so im sure i could get it for less, like 3700 or so, once i sell my jeep i should have about 6000 so it should cost me about 1000 to make it drivable(2 seats, cd player, oem hood p30 ecu /w mugen chip, GSR Cluster) and then about another 1000 to make the body in nice condition, said it needed paint so(Lip, maybe clean ass side skirts, maybe oem wing and paint, prolly clean silver) if i do all that i suppose the next things i would get would be Cams and a throttle body, the car allready has ok exuast and intake, not worth replacing, after all that i suppose i would save up for a new Tranny with LSD because im sure that traction will be a problome.

Waaaaaaaayyyy too much. Buy mine for $2000. Buy a B20 for $500. Buy a B16 head for $300. Fix my ignition $200. Buy Rims $1000. = $4000 Save yourself some money...

What year? It better be 98+

Back