b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes a deckplate is a custom piece. Its a machined piece of metal that matches the top of the block, about an inch thick or so. Allowing you to run a longer rod, for better R/S ratio and more displacement.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Lots of people on here love turbos and don't own one. Lot of people here also love NA. I recommend the gsr block because it was built to rev higher. It's good because you have a more useful revrange, and keep in mind that the fast your engine revs, the more combustion you are going to have give a certain time, i.e. more horsepower with less displacement. That's what honda is pretty much all about. You can build either the b20 or the b18c and effectively run the same amount of power, but the b20 is going to operating at a lower engine speed, thats all. I'd do the gsr block, because it was an engine with performance in mind from the factory: better revvability, block girdle, oil squiters. There is just going to be a lot less stress on the gsr block than the b20 at higher engine speeds. I am not saying the b20 isn't doable, because it is easily doable, it's just that the gsr starts out with more advantages. If you build them, both will be very capable. If you don't want to do a whole lot to the bottom end, the gsr is better bang for the buck. My .02, take it as you will.
[/b]
i agree with that. if you dont want to put that much into it, go with the gsr. the b20 is pretty much only alot of potential in stock form.
[/b]

hey thanks for all the help guys. i think ill just keep the gs-r block and sleeve it to a 2.0 and put an eagle stroker kit in it that has a crank shaft 6lbs lighter. i am building for 1/4 mile so the trq from that block should be enough, i may also think about going turbo... something about it spooling up in my gsr gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside haha
hey stroker kit lighter than a stock 6lb means les tq but more revving speed (les mass more hp) and you'll need light flywheel and a light crank pully .
this is my setup too or what i intend to do but if you want a light weight full balanced stroker kit then don't raise the strok make it like 84mm*90mm and rev as you want to 9k.
but if you want tq then raise the stroke like 84mm* 95mm (2100cc)

Back