b20z in a 93 teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

will this bolt right in seeing its a b?? i heard all you have to do is bolt it in and swap im?? what about the wiring??

It will bolt right in place of your B18A. Just use the stock mounts, your stock harness, use your Stock IM (or Aftermarket). That simple. And of course Replace timing belt, water pump, IM gasket, EX. Manifold Gasket, Valve Cover Gasket and you should be able to use your stock ecu (or OBD1 P75 94-95 Integra LS/RS/GS). there ya go. I forgot to mention you're going to need to grab your B18's crank pulley as well.

i thought it was a 93 integra making the stock ecu a pr4. :) as long as the OBD is the same, you won't have wiring issues... or not very many.... if you're crossing OBD's like i did, you'll have issues...

i thought i posted about this on either this site or another one...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Dec 4 2004, 10:32 AM
It will bolt right in place of your B18A. Just use the stock mounts, your stock harness, use your Stock IM (or Aftermarket). That simple. And of course Replace timing belt, water pump, IM gasket, EX. Manifold Gasket, Valve Cover Gasket and you should be able to use your stock ecu (or OBD1 P75 94-95 Integra LS/RS/GS). there ya go. I forgot to mention you're going to need to grab your B18's crank pulley as well.
[post=426249]Quoted post[/post]​

is the valve cover gasket really necessary?

Originally posted by BigC-ivic@Dec 7 2004, 12:21 PM
[post=427740]Quoted post[/post]​

that's like saying 'do you really need a key to start the car?!'

if you want oil all over, and want to use an OLD gasket... then go right ahead...

i'm reminded of the idiots at auto zone telling me i didn't need a new gasket for my thermostat, just to use the old one... and i remember looking at him as if he were the stupidest idiot on the planet... because: 1) you get a new gasket when you buy the thermostat and 2) if you use a 14 year old gasket with a new part, you're fucking moron.

why do you think they usually GIVE you gaskets for parts when you buy them new??

you'll want to make sure you have a tight seal... ESPECIALLY in the valve cover... and don't forget HONDABOND :)

Originally posted by BigC-ivic+Dec 7 2004, 02:21 PM-->
brian11to1
@Dec 4 2004, 10:32 AM

:yes: it is. Just like Misty said, you have a mess on your hands if you dont get a new one. Also, she mentioned Hondabond, you use that on hte crevacese (sp?) where there's sharp angles. Like on the cam caps, to prevent leaks there.

oops sorry guys

I was thinking, well, the new b20 would already have a relatively new gasket on it, but then I wasn't thinking that you have to take the valve cover off......

me = dumbass

is you use a p75? the obd1 ecu, you'd have to convert to obd1???

Well I'm asking for my 91 which is obd0. HIs 93 is already obd1.

I'll use my stock harness and stay obd0??? Does the b20z have more top end power than the b20b 8.8:1 ??

Can I keep the b20z IM instead of the 91ls IM. I remember reading that it is smaller so it'll choke it.

Originally posted by integraxtc@Dec 21 2004, 03:07 PM
is you use a p75? the obd1 ecu, you'd have to convert to obd1???

Well I'm asking for my 91 which is obd0. HIs 93 is already obd1.

I'll use my stock harness and stay obd0??? Does the b20z have more top end power than the b20b 8.8:1 ??

Can I keep the b20z IM instead of the 91ls IM. I remember reading that it is smaller so it'll choke it.
[post=435494]Quoted post[/post]​

Thread Jack Much?

Ill answer your questions.
He is either using his stock PR4 or a P75, either or.

You should use your stock harness, stock injectors, distributor, ECU.

The B20Z Im not sure if it has more top end power. It has a 140'ish HP and a 133 TQ. So figure it out.

Just use the Stock LS less headaches.

Back