1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b20z swap "no vtec"

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jdm2envy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jdm2envy

jdm2envy New Member

hey guyz! im planning to do a b20z swap to my 97 Si coupe, can anyone tell me all the parts that i need for the swap thanks..

2. bluemk3

bluemk3 Supra & Civic-T Owner

You will need a fullvtec head and supporting edu. Chipped p28 and an lsvtec kit. Oil lines etc for the v ted head and a fresh b20 head gasket and studs

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Did he say that he was doing a B20/VTEC? No, he didn't. In fact, he specifically stated "No VTEC"...

4. bluemk3

bluemk3 Supra & Civic-T Owner

My bad sorry dick I only tried to help and. Misinturpreted it. But thank god for you. It's pointless to bitch at me for trying to help.

5. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

well the engine and the car are both OBD2 so wiring shouldn't really be an issue. I'd recommend a GSR LSD transmission, but any B-series tranny will do.You may want to use the ls intake manifold and a decent header to free up some hp.

Theres some more good info here: http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/5th-gen-b20-tech-29112/ even though its for an EG your swap should be similar.

Good luck

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted