B20Z wiring issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

egb18boosting

I have just dropped in a B20Z into my 95 hatch. My setup is all 95 Integ LS parts running OBD-1 mated with a 00 CRV motor. The intake manifold, alternator, distributor, wiring harness, starter, and tranny are all 95 LS. The problem is, the motor cranks but doesn't want to turn over. I had all the parts tested and they all work and I'm getting fuel to the motor. I checked all the grounds and they are connected, the fuses are still good as is the main relay. However when we connected the negative battery cable, we got an arc from the post to the cable while trying to connect the two. I changed the wiring harness and the ECU but still have the same problems. Is there anyway to test the harness for a short in the wire. Also the CEL isn't on. Also I'm getting a popping noise when I initially try to crank it. Thanks in advance.

how about the starter?

in the general articles foru, there is a thread called "my car cranks but won't turn over" have a read there to help too

Back