b22 crvtec turbo project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
:D i got a b20 block that my freind was runing boost on. he srung two rods and messed up the crank real badly f**ked up. so i took the block any from him and heres what i want to do. i want to get some new rods (im getting a deal on some eagle rods for 350), JE pistons 8.5:1compression for b20 with .20 over size, and to get it resleeved. i want to build a serious monster to run around 25-30 psi of boost and i want the bigger bore size to make a serious amount of torque. the only thing that is missing is the crank my friend has an ls crank but im not too sure if it would work in the b20 block. i think it wound from what im hearing. and i was thinking to get my crank knife eaged a little bit cause i want to have the t3/t4 turbo spool up a little quicker. im using a b16a head with gsr cams and to tune it all 550 rc injectors 250 fuel pump tuned with hondata.

what do u think?
tell me what u think that i wont need or/and what can help.
this motor setup is going in a 94 civic dx coupe and im going for someone thats doing 11.85 in a 92 turbo civic hb.
will this setup have great potental?

hook it up! :D

ls crank and crv crank is the exact same thing.

eagle rods will never hold 30 psi
no standalone under $4,000 supports more than 27 psi, due to the 3-bar map sensor limitations and the maps to go with it.
5-bar map sensors are next to impossible to find, and work with few standalones
you want torque? don't even consider 8.5:1 pistons. cuz there it all goes.
knife edging a crank does nothing for spooling a turbo.
550 cc injectors will top out at about 350-ish whp. you can get 350 on 12-15 psi on a decent sized turbo.
you are worried about spool, but want to run 8.5:1.

I think you need to totally re-think your setup.

#1- make a goal for yourself. What kind of power would you like to make? not psi- power.
#2- how much money do you have to spend?
building the cr/vtec sleeved is going to cost you 4 grand alone. add another 4 for turbo equipment, 2 for fuel and electronics, 2 for exahust and misc shit, and another 2-3g's for tires, suspension, brakes, and other things that are going to pretty much be necessary with a high-powered car, and 500-800 for tuner time/dyno costs.
= a hell of a lot of money.
are you ready to make that commitment?

if you're out to beat an 11.82, a lot of it is not just power- but its traction, chassis, launch, and driver.
but again, setting a "time" goal, is bullshit because of these factors. you build for a power level- not for what you think it might be able to pull off in a chassis.

ok the eagle rods are for low boost when i did research on them. imreplasing them with crower rods, i dont need to knife eage my crank, JEpistons, i wont worry about the .20 over bore the only reason that i wanted to do this is cause everybody is doing 2.0 and i wanted to do 2.2 to make a bigger distplasement than the rest. will it make a difference?
i want to make about 400 whp and still going to run the hondata setup but with bigger injectors. maybe 720cc or so with a walbro 255 lph hp pump. im not really worried about the money. :)

Going to 2.2L isn't going to make that much of a difference, and it can actually hurt you under boost- especially if you keep the stock stroke. The bore you would need to get to 2.2L at the stock 89mm stroke is a whopping 88.75mm, and that's just not possible. I wouldn't go larger than 85mm just to make sure your head gasket can still seal under pressure... and 84mm is best for strength while still having tons of potential for 400whp or more. Just build the engine and turbo right- don't worry about trying to get to 2.2L just to be different. You're going to waste a lot of time blood and tears doing that.

Blah blah blah. All you naysayers.

Eagle rods will take 1500+ PSI...DUH, it's the compression from combustion, not the boost pressure that matters. Anyway, they'll stand up to 700 hp fine, and been tested to that, and no one on THIS site is or will make anywhere near that.

don't get me wrong dude... i have eagles in my motor too...

but there's also no way im running more than 20

Back