back in the honda game! pics too

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wish I was around you. I'd buy that thing in a second. My girlfriend was just saying how I need to get a project car.

yea i was bout to say the same thing. Mine abso-fucking -lutltey hates it.

wish you girl could talk some honda sense into mine..

Make sure you keep this updated with progress. I'll be interested when you're looking to sell it.

A GF that supports a project even remotely is for sure a keeper.

My mom hates my project, and thats my own mother :thumbsdown:

A GF that supports a project even remotely is for sure a keeper.

My mom hates my project, and thats my own mother :thumbsdown:
My mom HATES my car obsession. She said she was going to throw out my last motor that was in the garage. Luckily she couldn't pick it up. She did however throw out an STR fuel rail that she knocked off the shelf and it "almost hit her in the foot".

My mom likes my car obsession, mainly cause she is a Mustang freak (chick thing) and practically screams when a decent one goes by, at least im not like that with your average Honda, i wouldnt have a voice left.

Wow, I'd start throwing away china pieces if my mom did that.
I flipped shit. Then when all was said and done, she couldn't believe I spent ~$100 on a "hunch of metal".

One semester at school I worked my ass off and was collecting parts. When she saw that I was always working and never had money she thought I had a drug problem. She was madder when she found a half built motor at my place down there.

I showed a buddy of mine the pictures of the car and he seemed really interested. He just recently wrecked his is300 and wants to get back in the honda game. he said he didn't mind the dent in the side. lol. If you still want to sell it I'll keep talking to him about it. he said it wouldn''t be any trouble to drive down and get it.

you better act quick because i'm really tempted to keep it.

I posted the car on a local forum and got some guys that recognized the car. One of them was the owner. He told me that the botton end was a full ITR rotating assembly blueprinted and balanced. pistons and rings were jdm and the crank and rods were usdm. He also said there is pretty good clutch and flywheel in there too. hmmm

He showed me a pic when it was his and sure enough they look pretty close. I talked to others and they assured me that that guy was the main owner.

i cant imagine what this thing would feel like if it had a b16 tranny.

you better act quick because i'm really tempted to keep it.

I posted the car on a local forum and got some guys that recognized the car. One of them was the owner. He told me that the botton end was a full ITR rotating assembly blueprinted and balanced. pistons and rings were jdm and the crank and rods were usdm. He also said there is pretty good clutch and flywheel in there too. hmmm

He showed me a pic when it was his and sure enough they look pretty close. I talked to others and they assured me that that guy was the main owner.
Sex.
i cant imagine what this thing would feel like if it had a b16 tranny.
Pure sex.

ther is a guy here...actually it Andrews bro in law that is selling a gsr tranny. pm him up. his screen name is mac24seven.

ok so i call today from a guy somewhere in Pensacola wanting to come down and get the car. SOO i went and fixed the engine stuff. I got the valve cover off and started on the cam cao that was busted....

IMG_1986.jpg

P30 on a P72? Hmmm:huh:

IMG_1990.jpg

so got the part off and its ready to go back on..

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

while the i was installing the part i washed and deagreased the valve cover the best i could. no sanding or blasting..just degreaser and car wash soap. I needed something quick and cheap.

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

while that was drying i went and chaged the window cranks out on the drivers side door. I must that was by far the easiest and fastest install ever in the history of windows..:)

out with the old

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

gotta have the right tools for the right job. thanks to my mechanic friends
IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

just remove the 10m bolts and reinstall! damn easy
IMG_2006.jpg

so heres the fun part. i was amazed at the way it dried and finished. Not bad for a back yard paint job. I really dont recommend this paint since it just cheapo black but for a quick cheap job it does wonders. I had this left over from a speaker box i built. I painted the slot posrt with it.
IMG_1997.jpg

Once it dried i started to spray lightly to barely cover. I just kept applying light coats until i covered completely.
IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

once again just random paper i had lying around. Although this was very tedious. I just did the emblem and realized it wasnt worth ruining everything.
IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

The motor looks better after the degrease job i did.

i just got back from driving around town just to check for leaks and make sure the car was in good shape to make a long trip. I found a leak from the black cap nest to VTS AND on of the valve cover 10m bolts. I gotta take the damn thing off again to seal it off.:(
I figured i would pick up the interior parts so that is going to be done tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back