backyard build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skittz87

skittlez
hey everyone i just had a question about an engine build im getting ready for. i dont have access to a garage or basement, the best option i currently have is a makeshift garage in the backyard. im thinkin about putting up a tarp structure supported on a wooden skeleton frame. i know these arent choice conditions but will it be good enough. thanks,

As long as it keeps the friggin wind out so you don't get dirt and has a roof so it won't get wet, sure why not?

thats what i was thinkin but just wanted to make shure there wasnt something else to worry about before ruining a good project, thanks man

And make sure nobody around knows what's inside it either.

no joke. work where you can, when you can on whatever you got. it don't matter if your car where it is. Just yesterday I had my car on jackstands on the side of the street by my house installing my lower tie bar. you gotta do what you gotta do.

imagine swapping out he suspension for three cars out in the road all at the same time.. I still wonder what the neighbors thought because thats not the worst.

good times :D

check out my build https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-medi...sc-buld-94841/ . I did everything in the street in 1 weekend. It sucked, but I still got the job done. Nothing like working in the street in the middle of the night under spotlights & hobo's walking by asking if they can help in exchange for beer.

lol no hobos with me and I have a garage to work in but with my car being so low it scrapes trying to pull in there, and its full of motors, and parts, and other stuff. But I have to do a brake job this wednesday with snow on the ground so chances are I will pull the car far enough to get the front wheels in the garage, close the garage door as much as I can and crank the heat!! lol

Back