bad ass kart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1) Welcome to six months ago.

2) That much weight kills the handling.

3) That much power kills lap times.

4) Put that engine in a Formula Vee chassis and we'll talk. 'Till then, it's in the same category as a 1000 HP Supra- so much overkill that it's pretty much useless and will get its ass kicked by less powerful vehicles.

that kart does 0-60mph in 3 seconds with a top speed of about 105mph. Looks cool but I'd rather have a shifter kart.

Right001.jpg

Rear001.jpg

0-100 in 6 sec. top speed as high as 150. and 2.5g's in the corners

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 8 2003, 03:36 PM
1) Welcome to six months ago.

2) That much weight kills the handling.

3) That much power kills lap times.

4) Put that engine in a Formula Vee chassis and we'll talk. 'Till then, it's in the same category as a 1000 HP Supra- so much overkill that it's pretty much useless and will get its ass kicked by less powerful vehicles.

awesome :roll:

I want one. I don't care about all that. that thing would be fuckin fun as hell. (I'd probably kill myself on it.)

I seen a scooter with a 23k rpm race motor on N2O race and beat a Trans Am WS6 with N2O.

yeah i found it on Kazaa after it was all said and done...I think I have it on my harddrive in two different places now lol

Originally posted by ahedau@Aug 8 2003, 10:49 PM
that kart does 0-60mph in 3 seconds with a top speed of about 105mph. Looks cool but I'd rather have a shifter kart.

0-100 in 6 sec. top speed as high as 150. and 2.5g's in the corners

what are the going prices on those. My freind and I were thinking about screwing the whole honda thing (at least car wise, get a mugen kart :) ) We were planning on starting small with a 80cc one then when we get the hang of it, go up to a 125cc.

Ready to race 125cc shifter karts (add gas 'n go) are about $7000- $9500. Then you need a suit, gloves, helmet, and neck brace. (another grand or so)

If you plan on seriously racing, they may not let you run 125s your first year. You may have to buy a used 80 and race that your first year, then sell it and buy a 125. Used 125s can be found for about $3000- $5500.

The 80's are pretty beastly. The 125s are insane.

Ready to race 125cc shifter karts (add gas 'n go) are about $7000- $9500. Then you need a suit, gloves, helmet, and neck brace. (another grand or so)

:ditto:

cheapest way in is to find a team or individual that is moving up from 80's to 125's. You get kart, spare parts, sometimes even the trailer, all sorts of goodies for pennies on the dollar.

Then find a team moving to "real" cars when you're ready to move up to 125's. Like all forms of motorsports. If you want in, go to a race and talk to the people that are already doing it. You'll find an immense amount of accurate information in a few hrs that would takes WEEKS to gleen from the internet.

Or do what I did. Go to a track & pay to punish their equipment for the thrill then leave only a few dollars poorer than when you started.

Back