BAD ASS!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

All I have to say is HELL YEAH! Besides the EXTREME volume of the motor with open header, the 40 mile drive home was great. Pulls hard as hell when vtec kicks in. I didn't take the car up to 5k rpm on the interstate. Didn't even remember it redlines at 8500. (I've got a EX cluster in there for now.) Holy shit!!! I Was on a back road trying to avoid major traffic and punched it in second and shifted to third and the tires started spinning!
I just have to make it quiet. There's no way I'm going to be able to keep it off the streets now.
I need expert advice on what exhaust to get. I don't want to lose power. Thats all I care about.
Anyway, let me know if you guys have ANY questions about the swap. I'll update my sig and let all of you know what's in there.

THANK YOU GUYS AND GIRLS SOOOOO MUCH! I am 100% happy with my investment. I would have still been pondering who to buy the motor from if it wasn't for your help. Thanks again and if there is ever anything I can offer, feel free to ask.
*need a place to stay in the St. Louis metro area? Drop by!*
Anyway, I'll be posting a lot more soon.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Apr 30 2004, 08:56 PM
Holy shit!!! I Was on a back road trying to avoid major traffic and punched it in second and shifted to third and the tires started spinning!

what'd you hit an oil slick? haha :p

was that in rain? and what tire size ya got?

Don't know, probably 2 year old Nitto 460's....thats all I can think of. Skinny tires and no grip...but it felt cool!

13's 14's 15's 16's 17's 18's 19's ????

dont be scurd to tell us you spinnin 13's haha :)

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Apr 30 2004, 09:53 PM
or maybe the lose rock....hmm...NAH. and hell no, never 13's!!!! they are 14's!

huh? you can break 'em loose in third in gravel?!?!

dood you 0wn!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Yeah yeah. I'm just excited. Don't pick on me too much and pop my bubble.

im happy for ya, really :)

shoot it took ya long enuff to get it in :lol: hehe

dont hear that often enough huh?.. congrats tho homie :thumbsup: wish we were closer so i could take a ride.. but ill take your word its quick :D

I mean quick compared to my company car which is a 04 beetle 2.0L. But its a lot quicker than the DX was. I love those motor mounts...didn't think I'd be able to tell, but you can...stiff is goooood! And it took me exactly 3 months to get it done...well...running. Not too bad. Now off to the track!

congrats .... glad to hear you are happy with it :)

for the exhaust it really depends what you are looking for ... if you want something relativly quiet with a good tone that still flows VERY well i suggest the Tanabe HM (i have it on my ITR swapped sol and i love it)

if you dont care about the sound level then i recomend the tanabe RM (its loud as hell though)

So all of those have good flow...thanks...I'll play around with the idea and pick one this week.
As for Vtec, where should I set it. Mine is like close to 5k. Should it be lower? Don't really know and I didn't hit it much on my way home, but it seemed kinda hi for the feel of the motor. And what controler should Iget for that?

mine is at 5600

get it on a dyno and tune it

VAFC will work
Hondata is better (if you have a place that tunes them)

*** oops 5600 not 4600 ***

which hondata? and why that over the others? will hondata work with my p73 ecu? And is it better to be able to change your vtec point for driving conditions?

LOL Now we've gone and done it!!! I'm on a question asking roll! I've got soooo many more. Like this...
How can I wire my laptop to my ecu so I can control and monitor my car? And how do you make it so when your going fast the floor comes out and you yell at the laptop for beeping at you?
But seriously...can I use a laptop for controling things like vtec and fuel/air and to monitor temp?

WoooWoooooo

Any straight through muffler is going to yeild more power than a quiet one with a fat resonator.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 2 2004, 05:44 AM
WoooWoooooo

Any straight through muffler is going to yeild more power than a quiet one with a fat resonator.

:werd:

tanabe HM is straight through and still quieter than most that i have seen :) :thumbsup:

good shit man! congrats on the sucessful swap. damn i was contemplating on either doing a gsr or itr swap in my 92 hb n i was leaning toward the gsr but now im kinda leaning toward the itr! damnit! haha yo why it take u soo long to finish the swap? just wondering but anywayz have fun bro

Back