bad axles??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22a hatch

since i got my eg a couple months ago it always made a weird noise when making hard or long right hand turns...i thought this to b my tire rubbing but upon inspection the tire shows no signs of rubbing..my buddy was in the car and he said it sounds like my left axle might b bad since it is a swapped h22a and the motor is sitting at a diff angle?? how do i go about checking this to see if my axle is making this noise

When CVs go bad they click. Jack up the front of the car so both front wheels are off the ground. Put it in neutral and turn the wheels all the way right, you should be able to freely spin the wheels without binding/clicking.

this isnt so much a click as it is a really loud thud thud thud...ill still try jacking it up and spinning the wheels see if i notice anything

I've had numerous bad wheel bearings make noise when the side load of a turn is impressed upon them.

Axels with different geometry in the target vehicle? That's an interesting condition. I've always replaced or rebuilt axels when the boots fail.

is the noise more noticeable at higher or lower speeds? does it have any effect on the braking of the car?

wheel bearings make more of a moaning/humming sound at faster speeds, axles tick/click at low speed turns, and choppy/worn tires can make all kinds or funny sounds at various speeds.

Ball Joints?
Loose Suspension bolts?
Best thing to do.....is like efhondakid said......get it up in the air and check stuff out.

Back