1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad ecu?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by cashen, Jun 19, 2006.

1. cashen

cashen Junior Member

I'm kind of thinking my ecu is bad. My vtec only activates some of the time, and my tach needle just waves around if I put my foot into it. If I'm just driving around normal the tach works fine. I'm not sure if a noise is coming from the ecu or a small hole in my intake tube but at certain throttle positions you can hear a high pitch squeel. Anyone have experiance with these problems?

2. skillz2k5

skillz2k5 Senior Member

Never had the tach problem but I have had the odd vtec thing happen... if you are low on oil your vtec wont engage properly (may check that lol). I have the same whinning noise you are talking about... on the passenger side and when you romp on it the noise gets pretty noticable. I deff dont think it's comming from your ecu... maybe intake or wheel bearing? Sorry not much help.

3. cashen

cashen Junior Member

Just changed the oil and filled it up about a week ago.

4. cypher

cypher Faster then you!

try cleaning the filter inside the vtec sol.
    remove it with the 3 10mm bolts and there is a screen inside. just dont damage the blk o-ring around it
    tach is based off the distributor check all the wiring there. could cause the vtec problem too

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted