Bad ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cashen

I'm kind of thinking my ecu is bad. My vtec only activates some of the time, and my tach needle just waves around if I put my foot into it. If I'm just driving around normal the tach works fine. I'm not sure if a noise is coming from the ecu or a small hole in my intake tube but at certain throttle positions you can hear a high pitch squeel. Anyone have experiance with these problems?

Never had the tach problem but I have had the odd vtec thing happen... if you are low on oil your vtec wont engage properly (may check that lol). I have the same whinning noise you are talking about... on the passenger side and when you romp on it the noise gets pretty noticable. I deff dont think it's comming from your ecu... maybe intake or wheel bearing? Sorry not much help.

try cleaning the filter inside the vtec sol.
remove it with the 3 10mm bolts and there is a screen inside. just dont damage the blk o-ring around it
tach is based off the distributor check all the wiring there. could cause the vtec problem too

Back