Bad Ground?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daGSRhatchNEPA

I love my Honda
The car is fine until i take it on the highway and then the car when i hit the Brake Pedal and the Temp Gauge Hits High and then the car starts bucking. There is a little Box with a Brown Plug in it Just below the Fuse Panel that Keeps Clicking as this is Happening. I am Clueless @ this Stage.

I bought the Shell an 93 Ex & swapped a SIR II JDM B16a PR3-2 motor in it.

> Reading other forums i found that its either because i Wired the Negative on the Battery to the Trans/Motor OR
> The Fuel Sending unit wire is shorting & to Trace the wire all the way to the Gauge Cluster to the Fuel Sending unit.

?? Any Pointers on where i can start before i just Re-Wire the Entire Car??
:confused:

Bucking

The Car Pretty Much Shuts Down once the Temp Gauge hits H.
The car is not over heating but i guess the ECU reads it as Such

I am Thinking about taking it to A Local Installation shop & Having them install a VAIC
Butt typically i am not a big fan of those

go over your wires with a multimeter. obviously you should check continuity of the brake and coolant switch circuits

End thread

It was the ground the whole time... I realized this after i swapped out the alternator & did a OBD 1- OBD 2 conversion & swapped the Alternator for an Integra LS.

Hard to ground the shit out of the battery

End thread

It was the ground the whole time... I realized this after i swapped out the alternator & did a OBD 1- OBD 2 conversion & swapped the Alternator for an Integra LS.

Had to ground the shit out of the battery
ie: battery to trans .Then ground going from there to the Ground going to the Frame on the trans & finally the ground from the trans to the frame.
crazy!

Great! Glad you found it. Most times it's simple things that are the hardest to find.

Speaknig for myself - it's many times bad assumptions on my part that make things difficult.

:mellow:

Back