bad hesitation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black Ripper

ok i got my 91 ef running with no help from here buit now when i floor it from idle it bogs out for about 5 bsecs and i have to baby the throttle to get it moving. why?

need more info, chief. did you swap a motor in there? if so, what motor? did you convert over to obd-1? ect...

plugs,o2 sensor,wires it could be anything. be more specific please. when did it start happeening? right after the swap?

ok i got the b7 block and y8 head and its got new cap,plugs, rotor and msd ignition.o2 is good as its throwing no codes. i found oil in the antifreeze so i know im screwed but is that whats causing this hesitation?

Black Ripper said:
ok i got the b7 block and y8 head and its got new cap,plugs, rotor and msd ignition.o2 is good as its throwing no codes. i found oil in the antifreeze so i know im screwed but is that whats causing this hesitation?
yeah, if your headgasket is blown, that is exactly why it's running like shit.

thats your problem. no compression no power.sorry to hear about that. looks like you need to go to the zone........AUTOZONE! lol no but for real sorry to hear about that. :giggles:

i just replaced it about a week ago actually today makes a week. i gues i didnt get every little piece of the old blown gasket. it never did the hesitation b4. well i mean it did but only slightly but never this bad. like i said either way im screwed im gonna have to rip it apart againm but would oil getting into the anti freeze and or vice versa make it run like that?

Black Ripper said:
i just replaced it about a week ago actually today makes a week. i gues i didnt get every little piece of the old blown gasket. it never did the hesitation b4. well i mean it did but only slightly but never this bad. like i said either way im screwed im gonna have to rip it apart againm but would oil getting into the anti freeze and or vice versa make it run like that?

Yes, it will.
It means something is wrong, like your headgasket. If oil in the coolant that means theres a leak. More than like its the headgasket. If its the headgasket, then you arent getting a good seal between the head/block resulting in a loss of compression.

I really like your statement

with no help from here

If HondaSwap didnt help before, why come back? Seriously, with an attitude like that we shouldnt be so eager to help you.

My advise to you;

Replace the headgasket, make sure the head is straight not warped. Also check the block to make sure hte deck is straight as well.

If you dont do any milling, reassemble with a NEW headgasket. Make sure the head bolts are within spec and arent stretched out of spec. If they are buy ARP headstuds, better insurance. Make sure to follow the ARP instructions when installing.

When you put the timing belt back on make sure everything is in time. Put the #1 cylinder at TDC and go from there.

Good luck dude.

no shit of course its gonna be a new head gasket. honesttly why did i come back here.and obviously i know how to replace a head gasket.your all fucking morons later bitches

Black Ripper said:
no shit of course its gonna be a new head gasket. honesttly why did i come back here.and obviously i know how to replace a head gasket.your all fucking morons later bitches
You must be from Honda-Tech.

Bye.

Black Ripper said:

damnn what an asshole:mad: no shit, you should have done it right in the first place moron. and why did you come back? because HT obvously couldnt help you there. and no you dont know hoe to replace a headgasket if your leaking within a week. your the moron and your the asshole. go back to H-T.

damn and we actually helped you even when you put us down from the get go.:mad:

Taco15 said:
damnn what an asshole:mad: no shit, you should have done it right in the first place moron. and why did you come back? because HT obvously couldnt help you there. and no you dont know hoe to replace a headgasket if your leaking within a week. your the moron and your the asshole. go back to H-T.

damn and we actually helped you even when you put us down from the get go.:mad:

haa, exactly. if you woulda done it right the first time you wouldnt have had to come to us for shit, now would you?

"You do it to yourself, you do, and thats why it really hurts. You do it to yourself, just you, you and no one else, you do it to yourself!" - Radiohead

Why are you blaming your inabilities and stupidity on our board again? Its not like we were the ones that installed a headgasket wrong on your car.

Black Ripper said:
WTF, I tried to help your lame ass by stating that we needed more info to help your ass. Obviously you don't know how to replace a headgasket if you know it's blown, yet still ask if that's the problem, chode licker.

and like brian said, you must be from Honda-Tech.

whats the chances he changed the head because he had to do a head gasket in the first place? and whats the chances the anti freeze still had left over oil in the passages...?

Back