bad idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pugarex

what is the normal idle rpm because my idle is around 1500 should this be ok i used the b16 vacuum diagram. i have a rex dx w/93 ls obd 1. im using the original dx map and all the the hoses exept for one which i blocked it. and the diagam is for a b16 which i know it will work but that is on a si chassi do i need the si map sensor?

also when im in the freeway and im in 5th or 4th gear i cant go over 4100 rpm for a long time because when i do it feels like it down shifts but ill still be in gear and it will bring me down to 3500 rpms and then ill be ok i just wont go past 4100 rpm or it will do the same thing i have no clue on what this is im out of ideas.

idle should be at 750. Mine sits at ~1200. Check your eacv and fitv. I suspect my fitv in my problem.

I have no idea what you are talking about in your other problem. it sounds like limp mode almost, but I cant tell by the description. Check your ecu for codes,

Back