Bad Ignition switch??? How do i know??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sheekdude

On my 97 accord, I'm not sure why but when i turn my car off and take the keys out, my radio and all the accessories stay on!! Then I have to manually turn them off.

Secondly, my alarm keeps going off in the middle of the night and i usually have to leave one door open and lock the doors manually so the alarm won't set.

Help. Please, thanks.

are you sure that the key switch is on all the way off before you take the key out. When the key cylinder gets old, you can take the key out while its not on off. On mine, I could take the key out when driving. Ended up swaping it out for a new one.

Quoted post[/post]]
are you sure that the key switch is on all the way off before you take the key out. When the key cylinder gets old, you can take the key out while its not on off. On mine, I could take the key out when driving. Ended up swaping it out for a new one.

Yes i'm sure because everything else is off, no dash lights or a/c.

the radio could be n*gger rigged straigth to the power. if it is hope there is a fuse in there. i know people that do this so they can leave there radio on to drain there battery when there not in the car

Quoted post[/post]]
the radio could be n*gger rigged straigth to the power. if it is hope there is a fuse in there. i know people that do this so they can leave there radio on to drain there battery when there not in the car

The radio was professionally installed by an audio shop. Did i mention all the accessories are on? Cigarette lighter too! I am the second owner of this car and it was bought from the dealer so i don't think it was messed with electronically. I think i'll start by replacing the ignition switch and go from there.

Back