Bad leads to some good

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
So, I'm driving down I-25 this weekend, when some retread from a semi comes bouncing down the road and meets one-on-one with my hood. After getting off the highway and checking the damage, I see that the hood is not salvageable. It's got a huge-ass crunch where the hood latch is, and a big dent in the top of the hood where the retread unrolled and hit the hood a second time (no pics, sorry). However, NOTHING else is damaged...not the bumper, latch, grille, etc.

So the good thing? The new carbon-fiber hood that I'm picking up this weekend at a shop in Denver. :D $445 plus tax. :woo:

Originally posted by halcyon985@Jul 15 2003, 10:26 AM
paid for by the trucking company I assume?

I dont know, I had a semi fling stuff at my windshield and it cracked the piss out of it. The insurance company said that they were not responsible for debry from the road (even though i saw the shit come off of the bed). Hense, i paid my insurance deductable to get it fixed. I hope he had better luck, those fucking truck drivers think they can get away with anything. :rant:

Hmm, I don't know for sure, but I have heard that when dumptrucks fling rocks out they will pay for it if you call the company directly, you know, and say it was on such and such a road and all that shit. It might depend directly on the company. I feel like if that happened to me, I would seriously fuck up the companies windshields on all their trucks. After a nice waiting period of course... ;)

No, unfortunately, the road was PACKED with traffic, including several semi's. I had no telling where the flying piece of rubber in the road came from. :(

I hate trucks, they are always in the way, they shoot treads off cause they buy cheap tires, and they get these attitudes like they are gods gift to the highway. Remember when all those truckers wanted us to remember that they keep america running through some sort of twisted pretzel logic. Stupid fucks.

(Ha, no offense meant to any angry trucker rednecks on this board)

My windshield was cracked by a small rock coming off an big dumptruck and all i had to do was call my insurance compay and they took care of it all. I have State Farm insurance BTW. I have had good experiences with these people.

dohcvtec, sounds like you lucked up bro.

for those of you who carry american family id switch to state farm or general casualty cause if you bust your shit they try to put on shitty ass aftermarket parts that dont fit, leak, and are weaker.

Thats bullshit, I live right next door to a huge cement factory (Rinker Hydro Conduit) and one day when I was driving home from school, there was a semi driving on the same road going opposite from me. I've never had a bad experiance with any of the trucks before, but today just wasnt my day. Out of the bed of the semi came flying a huge boulder of cement, about the size of a bowling ball, and it was bouncing off of the road right at me. I didnt have time to stop or turn because on one side of me was the semi and on the other was a ditch. Needless to say, the boulder slammed into my car putting a tremendous crack and shit into my Mugen replica front bumper. The asshole truckdriver didnt even stop. I stopped my car in the middle of the road and ran out and got the cement clod and took it to the main office. They said, "Did you see the truck, did it say Rinker on it?" I was like no, I was busy trying not to die, not reading a goddamn truck. They were like, "Then there is no way to prove you didnt just pick that up off the road and come here looking for money for your stupid Honda." After all is said and done I got nothing but a broken bumper. WHOOOOO! Sorry about that. Anyways dohcvtec_accord, did you order your hood from Trendz Racing on Evans and I-25 or what shop did you go through?

Nice man. I like Trenz, there real good people, sometimes a little pricey, but you get what you paid for.

Ya, Ive only been to a few shops (Trenz, Asylum, Speedimage, PACmotorsports) and I like Trenz the best. Vin is cool too. His del sol was bad, but I heard he got a WRX now.

Back