Bad little allmotor Ls/Vtec build!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone know the prelude part# for the fitting that will screw into the back of the block for doing a breather setup? I have seen someone on here that had this setup.

Well I have been working on this project again and decided that I would update with a few pictures of the progress. I wanted to have this done some time ago but with work and school I havent had the time needed to do something like this.

This is a couple shots of the integra bracket that needed to be modified. I opened up the two lower holes for the bolts that go into the transmission. You need to do this when using the hydralic trans. This was pretty easy with the nice press and vise I have at work. I then blasted it and painted it with silver Imron. Came out pretty decent.

Attachments

• 100_0124.JPG
    100_0124.JPG
    550.9 KB · Views: 366
  • 100_0125.JPG
    100_0125.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 384
That bracket was the only thing holding me up from getting the engine in. With that out of the way I got the exedy stage 1 clutch and flywheel bolted up. Then I got the transmission bolted on. I also got the new alternator and starter on while it was all out. The engine dropped in pretty easy, having quality mounts such as the hasports really make the job easier. I was nervous about bumping the new paint but we were able to get it in without fucking it all up. Here are some shots from different angles.

Attachments

• 100_0130.JPG
    100_0130.JPG
    870.9 KB · Views: 560
  • 100_0129.JPG
    100_0129.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 536
  • 100_0128.JPG
    100_0128.JPG
    955.7 KB · Views: 640
  • 100_0127.JPG
    100_0127.JPG
    778.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 100_0126.JPG
    100_0126.JPG
    775.2 KB · Views: 908
Here are some more shots. I waited to put the intake manifold on till after the engine was in. I think it definetly made it easier to avoid messing up the paint. It was really easy to put in afterwards so it worked out fine.

Attachments

• 100_0131.JPG
    100_0131.JPG
    867.7 KB · Views: 444
  • 100_0132.JPG
    100_0132.JPG
    606 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_0133.JPG
    100_0133.JPG
    966.5 KB · Views: 546
  • 100_0134.JPG
    100_0134.JPG
    816.6 KB · Views: 480
Well that is the project how it sits as of now. I still need to get a few parts. I need a intermediate shaft so I can get the axles in and a few bolts and so on. I will be tackling the wiring after that. I didnt want to do any of the wiring untill everything was in so I can make everything look as clean as possible. I will also be working on the crossmember real soon. I need to make clearance for the header if necessary and weld some brackets for the new civic sized koyo racing radiator.

looking good... too much other stuff going on..just interested in your engine build ;x I myself am still waiting on parts to come in so I can finish assembling my ls short block. 12.4:1 compression with the b16 head. cant wait

Well, I love the build but why did you paint the parts and not powder coat it? I am tearing my suspession out in 2 weeks and having it powder coated blue before installing the Energy Suspension Bushing Kit and other parts. I am just lost as to why the V-TEC head? I will start to build my ls engine soon and am thinking of doing non-vtec for turbo. Keep up the great work and keeping us posted on the build.

Powder coating is nice but I dont have a powdercoater. Dupont imron paint is damn near bullet proof after I bake it in the oven. Plus it has transtar epoxy primer/sealer underneath it. That finish will last forever, plus I get the paint for free from work. That paint is expensive but durable the primer is just over $200 a gallon and the Imron is over $150 a gallon also. This was going to be an all motor car so the choice to go with the vtec head is pretty obvious.

ok, that is seriously awesome! I'm considering doing a similar set-up in my 93' EX, but not nearly as modified, just the LS/VTEC combo. So having done it, what would you personally recommend to a novice grease-monkey and honda freak? I want something potent and not as common and this seems to be it

ok, that is seriously awesome! I'm considering doing a similar set-up in my 93' EX, but not nearly as modified, just the LS/VTEC combo. So having done it, what would you personally recommend to a novice grease-monkey and honda freak? I want something potent and not as common and this seems to be it

Hate to burst your bubble but LS/VTEC's are all over the place I guess you could say they are sorta common. This build is great boostin4fun I can't wait to see numbers I think the stage 2's maybe overkill though. GL with your build let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
I totally agree that the cams are overkill but I was able to hook my friend up with these brand new for $400. Your not going to get a better deal then that for brand new s2s2 cams! I would have preferred the stage 1 cams. Who knows if it turns out that the cams are not working well with the setup I will swap them out. It only takes about 2 hours. I am going to be getting this all finished up pretty soon and will definetly update this thread. This car will be moving under its own power again before spring.

I would suggest researching for good part combos. I like to use at least aftermarket rods when doing the ls/vtec. If your looking for a good jump in power and dont want to build a motor consider a gsr swap or even an h22 swap. Either one will be a night and day difference from what you have now and you wont have to worry about pieceing a motor together. A basic motor swap is a great way to start learning the basics.

thought of an H22 before, but an Integra GS-R motor costs a fortune so it would be kinda tough, and yeah, I've heard that about rods being weak, I'm assuming it's from the high revving capacity of the B16 right?

So after reading every post carefully and wiping the drool from my chin...then having to replace my shorted out keyboard #81 times (see drool reference as to why I had to replace it) I have got to tip my hat to the job you have done. It's great to see and learn from knowledgeable people like you. After having pondered for...believe it or not, ten years, I will be doing an LS/VTEC swap myself. It might take a year to even finish the engine build but it will be worth the time and patience. Kick ass job my friend. Keep it up and keep us updated.

So after reading every post carefully and wiping the drool from my chin...then having to replace my shorted out keyboard #81 times (see drool reference as to why I had to replace it) I have got to tip my hat to the job you have done. It's great to see and learn from knowledgeable people like you. After having pondered for...believe it or not, ten years, I will be doing an LS/VTEC swap myself. It might take a year to even finish the engine build but it will be worth the time and patience. Kick ass job my friend. Keep it up and keep us updated.

I am glad you like the build. If you ever need any help or suggestions dont hesitate to ask.

Back