Bad little allmotor Ls/Vtec build!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am glad you like the build. If you ever need any help or suggestions dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I'll need all the guidance and help I can get since this will be my first MAJOR project. I should be getting the LS complete swap soon. It'll be hard to not put it in my car right away. That just wouldn't make sense though. I have patience. My goal is to make around 330 at the wheels, boosted of course. I'm wondering, should I get a head as my first big purchase? Then the time comes as to what to do to the head...i.e. cams, gears, p/p...etc. etc. Thanks again.

OK, I have read from page 1 to 4 and I am loving what I see but my pockets are not that deep. So, as far as money is concerned, can you all answer me the following question. A JDM B16a long block or a stronger LS motor (balanced crank, head bolts, connecting rod bolts, etc.) with a VTEC head for my '91 Integra? It's obvious that the B16a is basically a direct replacement and more than likely the easiest but I am looking for the best HP/dollar I can get and that I can get now. Thanks, Nick

p28 chip

Hi there!

I'm from portugal and i can't find any good chip for my civic 1.6 vtec, i've a (37820-P28-G02 766-710229 AWR) ECU.

I just want to modified the vtec and rev limiter, can you please help me?
If so send me a message to my mail(nfcabo@hotmail.com)

Thanks

Hi there!

I'm from portugal and i can't find any good chip for my civic 1.6 vtec, i've a (37820-P28-G02 766-710229 AWR) ECU.

I just want to modified the vtec and rev limiter, can you please help me?
If so send me a message to my mail(nfcabo@hotmail.com)

Thanks

First of all, start your own thread, don't butt in on other people's conversations.

Second, is your motor built? Does it have aftermarket pistons or headwork? Does it have an upgraded valve train? If the answer to those question is no, then there's no point in messing with your VTEC crossover or rev limiter, they're already at the optimal places for a stock motor. Messing with that kind of stuff will most get your motor an early death...

Just wanted to let you guys know that this bitch is almost ready to fire up! I finished almost all of the wiring last night. All I have left to do is make a test pipe and intake. I will be working on it tomorrow and will post up some new pics of the progress. I am pretty excited to see this get done since it has been the longest build of my life!

Here are some updated pictures. Just about done I hope the weather improves so I can do some tuning.

Attachments

• 100_0224.JPG
    100_0224.JPG
    906.9 KB · Views: 721
  • 100_0225.JPG
    100_0225.JPG
    894 KB · Views: 535
  • 100_0226.JPG
    100_0226.JPG
    963.5 KB · Views: 913
I had a lot of wiring to do for the dpfi to mpfi swap and to obd1 with vtec. The jumper harness is integrated into the factory wiring in some places to avoid having to depin and repin some of the wires.

Attachments

• 100_0231.JPG
    100_0231.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 1,844
That's way too clean. You need to pour a quart of oil on that engine and drive down a dusty road.

I had a few electrical gremlins to even get it started. I discovered a plug was not hooked up under the fuse box which was causing problems. I love having factory service manuals with wiring schematics! Then after that I couldnt get the starter to engage. After a smoke break I noticed i forgot the ground straps. Its funny how easy it is to miss something that obvious. After the ground strap was hooked up the car fired up.

I let the car run for about 10 minutes or so to reach full operating temperature. There were no leaks of any to be found anywhere. One thing I noticed when leaving the shop was that the primary on the number 4 cylinder had not changed color. I pulled the plug and discovered it was clean, so obiously the number 4 cylinder does not have spark or fuel. I cant believe this because just with the basemap I loaded the car ran smooth with a steady 800rpm idle. I have to figure out the problem tomorrow but I have a feeling that it is a fuel issue and maybe the injector ground is not making contact. I am excited though because this thing runs damn good at its only on 3 cylinders as of now! I will be getting this problem fixed shortly and the other small things I have left. I will be doing some wide band tuning here shortly on a empty highway. My buddy is going to get video up for me so I will finally have video of one of my builds! I will update with further progress soon.

Well I made some progress today. I finished the custom cold air intake I was making. Also I figured out why number 4 cylinder is dead. I started off by checking for spark and it was good. I then retraced all of my wiring to the ecu which all checked out fine. Then I decided to switch the injectors on cylinder 3 and 4. After starting it number 4 was finally firing and number 3 was dead. So I have traced the problem difinetively to the injector. The only possiblities are that the injector is clogged or defective. I cant believe this because they are brand new RC injectors. I have never had a problem before with RC's so will see what happens. If it is clogged I would be suprised because I put in a new gas tank and filter. I am going to drop the injector of at this diesel shop and have they attempt to clean or diagnose the problem. Worst case scenario I will have to get a new injector from RC.

I will be finishing up the exhaust and odds and ends soon. I will update with new pictures and results as they happen. I will get some video up when I get all the kinks worked out! :)

Very nice build man, I like the painted block and chrome valve cover, you don't see either of those very often with Hondas

Very nice build man, I like the painted block and chrome valve cover, you don't see either of those very often with Hondas

I am glad that you like the build. I like to get input and suggestions from other people. The chrome valve cover is kind of like my signature trademark when I do a complete rebuild for someone. I put together 3 ls/vtecs in the last couple of years all of which have the chrome valve cover; I think it looks sexy!

sorry if this is too old to bump but, Did you ever get any #'s for this setup? I am in the process of building an ls-vtec myself. nice write-up thnx

No, we havent gotten any numbers for it yet. It needs to get an alignment and a few more miles on it before we hit the dyno. The motor runs great, its quite, no smoke or leaks of any kind. I never took final pictures of it all together. I will update this and put up new pics and eventually a dyno sheet. I also need to get my other build on the dyno, its only street tuned. I will update that other thread two with some numbers!

Back