Bad Map Sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Utrax42

The car suddenly died on me, it just fell on its face. it kinda of ran really rough for a few moments and was completely done. I tested the MAP sensor and got 5V on the yel/green i believe the wire color was, but on the white wire I only got 2.4V and its supposed to be 3V. Could this be the problem?
I checked the same wires at the ECU and got 5V & 3V.
I'm getting spark on all four cylinders, and My fuel pump primes...
I get zero CEL's. I noticed the 7.5Amp fuse under the hood that is a part of resetting the computer was blown. Replaced, ECU reset, and problem persists.
The car cranks over but it sounds really weak. The battery tests to 12V and 9V when cranking.
By the way this is a fresh 95 D16Z6 swapped in place of a 92 D15B7. The car ran for a good 20-30minutes before this problem occured. Thanks :)

Lol, well my car is just screwed up. I think the MAP sensor is fine, but the startor is definetely fried. I took it to two places. Its weird because it would crank over a little bit, which I thought was enough but apparently not. I think I understand what happended.

My clutch line is actually all metal brake line. The line got snagged under the bracket for the starter ground cable. I think that may be part of why it fried and possibly why my speedo/water temp gauges have been jumping around so much. I'll see if I can get it sorted out tonight and give an update.

Replaced the starter. My plug wires were the wrong firing order also, so I'm wondering if my starter wasn't tested correctly and wasn't bad at all. Runs now, but I'm getting a code 22 for vtec pressure switch.

Back