bad mornig so far!!!! oil everywhere!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it spews so bad i dont think i would want to be under the car.........:ph34r:

Okay, well either way you're going to have to get underneath it if you want to figure out whats wrong with it. Either that or take it to a reputable shop in your area, hand them a blank check and say "fix it".

Crankshaft Seal. I have to replace mine this weekend. It just started last night. Even after I cut off the engine it keeps hissing for about 10 seconds and it is skeeting a large amount of oil. Looks simple, it just sucks to mess with the timing belt.

Hissing?? Either your brake booster is leaking or your PCV valve is plugged and the engine is not venting correctly.

You may have too much blow-by.

E

Balancer Shaft Seal???

Check the balancer shaft seal, mine just popped out (JDM H22A) and starting pouring oil out, they sell a bracket/plate that holds it in place for like $8 at Honda. What sucks is that you have to change the timing belt as well or at least it's recommended. The seal is pretty cheap as well, just the labor is what will take a few hours. Good luck!

Timing belt cover...

remove the upper timing belt cover, you can see the balancer shaft seal from there, if it popped out, you can see it moving back and forth and also the oil kind of spitting/splashing all over the place...it will be located about mid way to your left when you look down in there, use a flash light it's much easier to spot it that way...good luck again.

remove the upper timing belt cover, you can see the balancer shaft seal from there, if it popped out, you can see it moving back and forth and also the oil kind of spitting/splashing all over the place...it will be located about mid way to your left when you look down in there, use a flash light it's much easier to spot it that way...good luck again.

i think this might be it. its not the cam seals/o rings. i looked at it this weekend but mcould not figure it out. weill up date.

Back