bad oil problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustbenu

went to philly, car stalled, had to get it towed home, wouldnt start, took out spark plugs and they were sopping with oil... make no mistake they were covered in oil... i dont see how any of the internals are bad since it was running like a champ until it died. why is there oil on my plugs. i have a few ideas but a few of them make me wanna cry.
what are my options???

its a crx with a 2 week old b16 swap
we did have to pop the clutch ALOT to start it because of the bad starter.... would that cause oil to soak the plugs

the plugs had some oil on the ceramic but the bottom of the plugs were dripping wet :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

My crx did that a few weeks ago after I let it sit for a while. I changed the plugs and let it sit for a few hours while the batter recharged and it started.

Im not really sure about the staling, but iv had the oil problem a few times, since its on the ceramic i dont think it originated in the combustion chamber, sounds like a bad valvecover gasket&seals, when that goes bad it lets oil just make a puddle in you sparkplug holes and whn you take them out it covers the whole plug. i had to use a turkey baster to get all the oil out before i took out my plugs.as for the stalling that could be completely unrelated

the plugs had some oil on the ceramic but the bottom of the plugs were dripping wet

"bottom of the plugs" there was oil on both sides

well if your sure the oil came from inside the cylinder there is only three ways it gets in there, valve seals, rings, and head gasket but i cant see any of them making it "dripping" wet

Back