Bad Pr3 ECU????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black91Ls

OK here is the deal. Did a B16a swap into a 91Ls used the Ls harness on the B16a. wired up VTEC, plugged in Pr3 ECU and I get no fuel. I think I may have been sent a bad ECU. I plug the pr4 ecu back in and the b16a fires right up. I know this seems like a no brainer but I want to make sure. I'm pretty sure its bad, I just want to make sure I didn't over look anything. The wires I ran in are knock, 2nd o2, VTEC oil press, VTEC solenoid. Did I miss anything?

Thanks
Josh :spin:

my buddy got a bad one.....vtec would not engage, tried everything but the ecu....then they tried mine, low and behold, vtec engaged....so yes it happens

Originally posted by Black91Ls@Oct 14 2003, 01:53 PM
C'mon someone has to of had a bad ECU before!

Josh

Well you seemed to have it all figured out already. I bet its a bad ecu since you switched to pr4 to see if it works and it did. So try replacing the ecu .

Make sure the wires are in the correct order and making contact with the ECU might be a bent pin.And double check it try using the ecu on another car with the same motor if you know one.

Thanks guys, I will try all your suggestions! I guess I was telling myself that it couldn't be a bad ECU because, I don't want to delay the swap any further!

Josh :D

i did b16a swap in my ef and i didnt have fuel. took the fuel rail off and cranked and i had fuel. it started my spraying fuel into the throttle body. then i kept getting different codes everytime i fixed somethin. i finnaly got it started adn runnin ok. well the next day i came out and it wouldnt start. i swapped the ecu and it started right up. so my ecu is faulty. i cleaned it up a lil and it worked then. hey if u buy a new ecu(pr3) let me know where u got it

Back